Winter may be in full swing, but we just cannot contain our excitement for spring ski season. Not only is it the best time to visit our resorts, we are preparing to celebrate 10 years of the Epic Pass! That means 10 years of Epic experiences, 10 years of Epic memories, and 10 years of unlimited, unrestricted access at your favorite resorts. It’s only fitting that we have 10 Epic reasons for you to visit our resorts before the end of the season, and the only requirement is to bring your Epic Pass. Don’t you wish packing lists were always this short?
Speaking of shorts… just kidding. It’ll still be best to wear snowpants.
Top 10 Reasons to Use Your Epic Pass...Now!
10. We love the ‘80s...and so does Stowe. Soak in all the neon during Stowe’s ‘80s Retro Weekend on March 24. End your ski day with a visit to Trapp Family Lodge’s Bier Hall for some Austrian Cuisine and a brewery tour, all compliments of your Epic Passport.
9. Peep your favorite athletes in action at the Burton US Open Snowboarding Championships in Vail from March 5-10. Some of them may even be sporting some new bling, if you’re pickin’ up what we’re puttin’ down. While you’re there, check Vail’s newest six-pack chairlift – Northwoods Express – off your “must ride” bucket list.
8. Partake in Beaver Creek’s 15th Annual Talons Challenge on Saturday, Feb. 24. More than 26,000 vertical feet of black diamond and double black diamond trails –14 in total – are waiting for you. Finish the job and earn your spot on the Talon’s Wall-of-Fame. It’s a major award!
7. Tackle seven of Park City Mountain’s peaks during the inaugural Seven Summits Challenge, also on on Saturday, Feb. 24. Should be a breeze! In addition to earning bragging rights, and if you aren’t already in bed, you can celebrate with an après ski party at Red Pine Lodge. Can’t get enough of Park City? Get your groove on at Spring Grüv: warm sunny days, soft snow, free concerts, an Easter celebration and Utah’s best pond skim competition. It just might be the best two weeks of the ski season.
6. Come one, come all to Breck Pride during Breck Break in Breckenridge. Say that three times fast. From March 7-11, celebrate with live music, daily aprés, a Color Run in costumes down the mountain and more. This is what dreams are made of. Insider tip: If you work up an appetite, be sure to bring your Epic Passport along for lunch at Pioneer Crossing. Order the Pioneer Lamb Pie and you will not regret it.
5. These views. Celebrate all things spring during Spring Loaded at Heavenly. Events include Spring Loaded Rail Jam, Gunbarrel 25, Live Music, and pond skimming. Don’t have the vacation days to burn? Stay connected and work remotely from Heavenly’s on-mountain co-working space. Office with a view? Check.
4. These too. Join us in Whistler for the 23rd annual World Ski and Snowboard Festival. It’s six jam-packed days of snow sports, music, arts, and mountain culture all coming together April 10-15, 2018.
3. Springtime is for the girls. That’s how that goes, right? Ladies, head to Northstar March 10-11 for Her Mountain Retreat for some quality “me time,” with personalized lessons with female coaches, restorative yoga, Platinum First Tracks AND Platinum tōst. Cheers. To. That.
2. Channel your inner Beyoncé during Keystone’s Kidtopia Music Experience, March 2-10. The Kidtopia Music Experience features outdoor concerts, music themed daily Kidtopia fun, a mountaintop snow fort, a village parade, and fireworks.
1. Because if you don’t visit before the end of this season, you’ll have to wait approximately 213 days, give or take a few, before you can use your Epic Pass again. And that just sounds really far away.